Power Bowl | Cheap Brown Rice, Avocado & Radish
First, let’s talk tools.
If you’re asking, “What are those spirals?!” Read on…
My daughter asked if she could try every vegetable I spiralized! (ᵔᴥᵔ)
And I bet if you spiralize your veggies, not only will your plate be beautiful, your kiddo will love it too! I bought the Paderno 3-Blade Spiral Slicer on Amazon.
It’s super easy to use and clean up! If you’re stuck, YouTube a video real quick, but don’t let this tool intimidate you.
Let’s make this meal affordable!
Minute Brown Rice may not be the most glamourous thing to put on a food blog or on your shopping list … but I’m being real, it’s cheap and quick. I can hardly taste the difference if it’s seasoned right and I will A L W A Y S stand by this.
Dressings—I always buy generic brand dressings and add extra herbs or spices as needed. (I usually don’t do this though) I find it crazy that so many recipes ask you to make your own dresssings! That’s a pain, they don’t stay fresh long, and contents settle. So unless you have a dedicated empty bottle to shake it up in, have fun. Also, it’s cheap! (:
Radishes, carrots, green onions are good on your wallet.
Cheap Brown Rice, Avocado & Radish Power Bowl
Drools. 😋 My daughter loves eating all veggies that are in spirals. I mean, she ate a raw beet!
Makes: one bowl
P: 6 -
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 1/4 c Minute Brown Rice
- 1 radish
- 1 whole carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 small beet
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c green onions
- sprinkle of black sesame seeds
- dash of sea salt
- favorite dressing
m e t h o d
- Follow package instructions on Minute rice box, but add a pinch of sea salt for flavor.
- Spiralize carrots, then beets using the Paderno small blade attachment. Beets will stain other vegetables, so do them last!
- Make ribbons out of zucchini using the Paderno straight blade attachment.
- Slice radish, avocado, and green onions.
- Plate: rice first, then arrange vegetables, sprinkle with black sesame seeds (optional -- for aesthetic), dressing, and additional sea salt.
spread the love
S I M I L A R recipes